EHES Reference Centre
The EHES Reference Centre (RC) is the coordinating centre for the European health examination surveys. The EHES RC is hosted by the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) from Finland.
The EHES RC has received funded from the European Commission/DG Santé.
Activities of the EHES RC
The EHES RC will:
- Develop, update and publish the EHES Manual
- Assess the available standards for suggested measurements
- Provide professional support to the countries planning a national HES
- Develop the training programme for the EHES system, prepare training material and organize international training seminars
- Coordinate external quality control and prepare guidelines for and monitor of internal quality control
- Develop principles and rules for sharing individual-level HES data with research groups
- Establish a data transfer and management system
- Plan standardized blood sample storage protocols
- Develop a system for rapid evaluation and documentation of the success of the standardization
- Develop a system of rapid reporting of the basic survey results
- Prepare national manuals together with the national experts